Lighthouse for Children
First 5 Fresno County
Since its inception, First 5 Fresno County has invested more than $200 million in local programs that provide direct services to young children and their families. These investments support high-quality preventative health, early learning, and family support services that help give children the best possible start in life.
The center was an integral part of the long-term strategic plan. The 44,000-square-foot Lighthouse for Children project created a new 15,000 square-foot childcare center, 10,000 outdoor play space, 10,000 square-foot community learning center, 7,500 square feet of professional office space for nonprofit service providers, and 6,700 square feet of F5FC administrative offices. Central Valley NMTC financing was used for construction, FF&E, and a 500-kW photovoltaic system.
- Created 185 construction jobs and 78 permanent jobs averaging over $56.75/hr in wages & benefits
- Flexible and under-market lease space provided to nonprofit partner organizations
- 90 child pre-school with 60% of slots set aside for low-income families
- Central Valley NMTC Fund, LLC
- Children and Families Commission of Fresno County
- Low-Income Investment Fund
- Northern California Community Loan Fund
- JP Morgan Chase Community Development Banking