Maya Cinemas North America
A 16-screen, state-of-art movie theatre to serve as the anchor tenant for Fresno State’s $150 million Campus Pointe Town Center dining and retail project
Located on the campus of Fresno State and part of the university’s long-term development plan, Campus Pointe will bring much-needed retail, entertainment, dining services, and jobs to students and residents of underserved neighborhoods surrounding the school.
To create a "college town feel," Campus Pointe provides preferential consideration and below-market leases to local businesses, forgoing large national chain-type companies and franchises. Heritage Theatre is owned by Maya Cinemas, a minority-owned chain of theatres located in areas with solid Latino demographics. Central Valley NMTC financing, subordinate to construction and permanent debt, was used for construction, equipment, and furnishings.
- Created 905 construction jobs and 46 permanent jobs that pay a living wage and benefits
- Comprehensive community benefits agreement which mandates hiring preferences for students and low-income residents from the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Flexible and under-market lease space
- Since completion, theatre traffic has spurred the development and opening of 14 new locally owned businesses, which employ over 450 residents
- Minority-owned and controlled
- Central Valley NMTC Fund, LLC
- Maya Theatres North America
- JP Morgan Chase Community Development Banking
- California State University, Fresno Auxiliary
Back to all projects