Farm of the Future
West Hills Community College
An innovative facility and farm to expand agriculture and industrial science programs while increasing internships and employment opportunities for students
West Hills Community College Coalinga’s Farm of the Future is an international education and technical training model using sustainable practices and resource management. Programs and training provide integrated food, fiber, energy, and environmental systems to serve the community, region, state, and global partners.
The Farm of the Future covers 213 acres, with twenty-five acres for new livestock, equestrian and rodeo grounds, a practice arena, stock pens, and associated pastures. New and expanded classes and courses are taught in a new 15,000 square foot career and technical education facility located on 5 acres. The balance of the acreage is a working farm.
- Created 126 construction jobs and eight permanent jobs averaging over $58.85/hour in wages & salaries plus health insurance, retirement benefits, and educational assistance.
- Supports region-wide efforts to promote high-paying career tract jobs in Ag Innovative program to deliver fresh food baskets from Farm of the Future to families at WHCCD operated pre-schools.
- Central Valley NMTC Fund, LLC
- West Hills Community College District
- California Statewide Community Development Corporation
- Northern California Community Development Fund
- JP Morgan Chase
Back to all projects